Report Storm Damage

We’ve added a new page on the website! The Storm Damage Form is only to be used to report non-emergency storm damage. This will help our situational awareness better in Russell County by getting information directly from the citizens we serve. We may not respond to all messages we receive, but we may need to contact you for more information.

Please remember to be safe while trying to send us information from the field.

What type of damage should I report?

  • Flooding
  • Lightning Damage
  • Fallen trees
  • Property Damage
  • Vehicle Damage
  • Hail size

What type of damage should I NOT report to you?

  • People trapped in cars or homes (Call 911)
  • Sparking electrical equipment (Turn off power, contact an electrician)
  • Active House Fires (Call 911)
  • Power outages (Contact your power provider. Either Tallapoosa River Elec or Alabama Power Co )
  • Anything life threatening
  • Individuals seeking disaster assistance (Click here for official site)

You may also like the following pages:

Preparedness Tips↗

Plan in advance what you will do in an emergency. Depending on your circumstances and the nature of the event, the first important decision is…

Severe Weather Tips ↗

Learn the difference between a watch and a warning, lightning safety, tornado threats, hurricanes and more!

County Storm Shelters ↗

Do you know where the shelters are located in Russell County? Russell County has three public shelters…